Someone is always bragging about how cheap their next holiday is going to be. You sit there jealous and in awe wondering “How do they always get such cheap deals?”
Well, I’m going to give you some tips to help you get the best deal for your flight or holiday.
Tips to Get Cheap Flights and Holiday Deals
1. To find out where airlines travel to go to “get flights” and use the map mode.
3. Check agency sites such as holiday planet, escape travel etc. Though I do find them a little tricky as they only quote the lowest fare and this is usually with a discount carrier. But it’s a start.
4. Go to individual airline websites; sign up for emails, “like” them on Facebook and “follow” them on Twitter. They will usually send out a post in advance advising of an up and coming sale. If you’re on the ball you can pick up some great deals.
5. Read the travel section of the paper; airlines and travel agencies are always offering the latest deals.
6. Fly off-peak. That means not in school holidays and if your game with young kids at unsociable hours (the midnight horror) – I have to admit I’m not a fan of that one.
7. Book in advance.
8. Double check all the extras and add-ons. If you are going on a couple of sectors to get to your destination and there are 4 of you, $20 per piece of luggage per sector can get pricey.
9. Finally, I could say just take hand luggage to reduce the cost of luggage fees. But seriously who are we kidding, you’re travelling with kids!
Now that you’ve found the best flight read our tips on “Flying with Kids” to help make your flight and holiday run smoothly.