When travelling with kids by train it’s not just a matter of turning up at the train station and your on your way, be prepared and your trip will run smoother.
Tips for what to do at the train station with kids:
- Arrive early at the station.
- Change nappies and go to the toilet before departure.
- If your seating has not been allocated get on board early.
- If you are a large family with luggage send one member ahead to reserve seats for all.
- Look for seats that face each other – it’s easier to keep everyone entertained.
- If you are travelling alone with children or are a large family with lots of luggage consider hiring a porter.