This post is sponsored by Drive Now
The school holidays have just finished and I am already thinking about what to do for the next.
- Where shall we travel?
- How shall we get around?
- Will I need to hire a car? If So:
- Which company offers the best price?
- How will we navigate around?
- What is the cost of insurance?
- What about child car seat restraints?
- Do we need one?
- How much will it cost?
- What about the rest of the road rules?
There are so many car hire companies, where do you start and how do you get all these questions answered?
DriveNow compares the prices of all the major car hire companies like: Hertz, Europcar, AVIS, Budget, and Thrifty. They also have options for hiring a campervan (RV) from companies like: Maui, Kea, Britz and more.
Price Comparison Car Hire
Straight away I log in my dates and get the different costing of car hire for each company. Then I can add-on extras like:
- Insurance excess, and
- Baby seats and child restraints
Car Hire and Child Seat Restraints
But I am not familiar with the laws for child car seat restraints in other countries.
A visit to the dedicated DriveNow link for each country location: Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK, will enable me to read some Frequently Asked Questions which include an outline of that country’s child restraint laws.
Do you see the difference in requirements? Whilst here in Australia we must supply a booster seat until at least the age of 7, in the UK it is until the kids are 12, and in New Zealand they must use a restraint until they are 5 and there after if one is available use one.
But you say to me, “I have heard the seats are not always clean.” Look we hired a car when we went to Sydney with a toddler and hired a car seat with it. It was fine. However if you are worried, take a flannelette baby wrap and use it to line the car seat. Still worried? I have more options in my article Car Seat and Travelling – Help?
Road Rules in Foreign Countries
Now my only concern is the rest of the road rules?
Well, on each of the individual country’s webpage are some road rules and travel tips. It includes helpful tips like:
- Which side of the road to drive,
- Speed limits,
- Drink driving laws and
- Distances to kilometres and time to get to and from major destinations.
So now I am sorted with the car hire, I just have to decide where we are going 🙂
Have you hired a car?
Did you hire child restraints?
- DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Drive Now. Aside from servicing Australia, they provide cheap rental cars in Christchurch, New Zealand. Click here to know more.
Linking Up With:
- Essentially Jess #IBOT
- Bumble Bee Mum #TravelTuesday
- My Brown Paper Packages #WednesdayWanderlust
- Justin plus Lauren #WeekendWanderlust