Phuket is a favourite family holiday destination in Thailand. There are multiple choices for family accommodation at varying prices all along the Andaman Sea from the north-west beaches in Bang Tao Bay to the southern sands at Kata Beach.
However taking a family holiday to Phuket is not just about sitting at the resort. No doubt you will also want to find some things to do in Phuket and explore Phuket with day trip activities.
20 Things To Do in Phuket with Kids
Shows and Theme Parks
- When we took a Phuket family holiday one of our favourite activities in Phuket was seeing the spectacle that is FantaSea.
- Siam Niramit
- Simon Cabaret
- Depending on how you feel this one may not be for the kiddys – it is a transvestite show.
- Splash Jungle
- Dino Park Mini Golf
Animal Parks and Tours
- Elephant Trekking – there are 5 parks to choose from Siam Safari (UPDATE: closed Jan 17), Safari Elephant Club, Kok Chang Safari, and Camp Chang Kalim.
- When we took our family holiday to Phuket we spent a wonderful half day taking a walk on the wild side with Siam Safari
- Phuket Zoo
- Phuket Bird Park
- Phuket Aquarium
Temples (Wats) and Natural Attractions
- Wat Chalong
- Big Buddha
- Wat Khao Rang
- Bang Pae Waterfall in Khao Phra Thaeo National Park
- Phang Nga Bay Tour
- There are loads of tours companies that go out to the “James Bond” islands. I took one many years ago, it was well worth the day out on the launch and canoeing about the islands.
- Phuket Town Markets are open from late afternoon on the weekends.
- We enjoyed meandering about the maze of stalls offering toys, clothes, shoes, DVD’s and local foods. You will find both tourists and locals visit these markets.
- Royal Paradise Night Markets in Patong
- Jungcelon Shopping Destination
- We found lots of highend stores included in this 200 shop complex
- Patong Promenade
- After dark when it starts to cool down you will find a huge selection of shops and stalls along the beach front road.
- Bangla Mall
- Premium Outlet Phuket
If you would like to know more about our family holiday to Phuket please visit HERE for all the travel stories.
Have you been on a Phuket family holiday?
What were your favourite things to do in Phuket?
Please tell me about it in the comments.
Linking Up With:
- My Travel Monkey #MondayEscapes
- A Hole in My Shoe #TheWeeklyPostcard