I’ve been nominated for what? You may ask.
A Liebster Award.
What’s that? You say.
The Liebster Award is a nomination to bloggers from fellow bloggers who believe that their fellow blogger is writing some good stuff, but their name might not be that well-known. So this award is a great way to get your name out there.
The Liebster Award Rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you including a link back to their website.
- Answer the eleven questions they ask you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask those eleven bloggers eleven questions.
- Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain.
I was nominated by Bubs on the Move – thank you for thinking of me.
These are my answers to Bubs on the Move‘s questions.
(1) What is your favourite memory from traveling with your kid/s?
When we went to Sydney, my son was a young toddler and he was just entertained sitting in his pram as we walked down George St pointing out the buses (which came past every minute). It made me realise that when travelling with babies and toddlers you don’t need big attractions to keep them entertained they are just happy seeing the world go by.
(2) What is your favourite aspect of life at home (because all travel bloggers need reminding sometimes that homelife is precious too)?
How my son really enjoys being with us. Whether we are doing the gardening, going to the park or having a picnic he just loves having us both hang out with him. I hope it continues as he gets older.
(3) Describe the scene of your child’s most devastating travel meltdown.
I don’t think we have one. Lewis (now 6 ) loves to travel he gets excited from the moment we start planning and wants to be involved with the whole process.
(4) What was the very first trip you took with your child/children?
The first time we travelled was to Sydney (on the opposite side of Australia from us in Perth) we went for a wedding. Lewis was 20 months and we had a great time we just learnt to go with the flow and be flexible with his routine.
(5) What is your favourite type of accommodation.
At the moment it’s resorts with kid friendly extras like water slides, kids clubs and playgrounds.
(6) Which country’s residents do you think welcomes traveling families with the most warmth?
Oh that has to be Thailand. We took a trip to Pattaya a couple of years ago and even the working girls would rather pay attention to the kids than their clients. We have travelled to Thailand a couple of times and the Thais are just so friendly.
(7) What is your favourite memory of travel or local exploration from your own childhood.
My parents would take as caravanning a couple of times a year every year. I more remember things like sitting around the table together playing boggle – just things we never did at home all together.
(8) One website that you find valuable in trip planning.
(9) One item that you never leave home without.
I always take a sarong. Whether I just want a wrap for walking to the pool, something to lay on at the beach, a blanket for a picnic, or a quick change of clothes for visiting religious sites – the sarong meets all those needs.
(10) Pre-boarding or boarding last. Your preference and reasons.
We board last – the less time confined in that space the better.
(11) Where are you going on your next trip?
We are off to Penang for 2 weeks in October staying at the Hard Rock – water slides, kids clubs and Penang has the best food.
These are my questions for the eleven bloggers I have nominated.
- In what area of your life, has life changed the most since having kid/s?
- How old are your children?
- Where was your last family holiday and how long did you travel for?
- What is the most difficult part of travelling with children?
- What is the best part about travelling with children?
- What did you wish you packed, but forgot?
- What do you enjoy doing with your children when you travel?
- What type of family holiday do you prefer: camping, self-contained, resorts. Why?
- Which do you prefer a road trip or flight?
- What are your child’s favourite items/toys to take when travelling?
- What is the best advise you could give fellow parents about travel with kids?
The 11 Bloggers I have Nominated
- Always made with Love
- Creating Contentment
- Flood Proof Mum
- Mummy Goes Mad
- Off to the Park
- Rockin’ Oily Momma
- Several Kind of Crazy
- Stephs Joy
- The Bumpiest Path
- The Mother Load
- Tully and Mishka
I hope you all have fun with the questions. I look forward to reading all your answers.
If you didn’t get nominated (probably because you have too many followers) why not answer the questions in the comments below.