Five in Five Questions
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
The idea for my blog started soon after my son was born in 2008.
Many of the mums in my mothers group were heading overseas to show off their new offspring and wondered how to go about travelling with a baby. I had worked in the travel, tourism and hospitality industries for 20 years so offered them helpful of tips and advice. I was surprised that there was little information available on the Internet at that time. I spent the next year or so writing lots of notes before finally launching my website in 2010.
Initially I had planned for my website to just have static pages with the tips front and centre – I had no idea about blogging. I learnt though to attract an audience people and improve that dreaded SEO I had to write blog posts. As time has gone by the types of posts I have produced has grown, matured and hopefully my writing style has developed into informative and entertaining posts. You can check them all out HERE.
2. If your wardrobe could talk what would it say about you and tell us about your favourite or most worn item?
One of the things my wardrobe would definitely say is “you NEVER lost all that baby weight.” I still have jeans sitting in the back of the wardrobe that I pray one day to get back into – off course they are out of fashion with their bootlegs. Obviously my wardrobe needs a clean out!
There’s also more of my stay at home mum fashion. I have opted for simple (hopefully stylish without being flashy) clean lines. A bit like THIS.
3. What’s your idea of the perfect date night?
Ahh date night – what’s that?
I think being the late bloomer that we are (I’m 45 and Steve is 57) we are just so happy that we got a child without having to try, that we relish having him with us – most of the time 😉 .
However on the rare night that we do go out alone I like getting a bit dressed up, having a couple of glasses of wine and having a simple conversation that is not interrupted with “Mum, Dad”
4. What’s on your Worth Casing list?
- Planning our next family holiday – I’m really trying to convince Steve this cruise with P&O during the April school holidays could be the go.
- If not then perhaps 2 hour drive south to Busselton with a stay at Beachlands
- Lewis has already planned our next major family holiday to Bali because the flights are only 3 hours.
- I also want to get the some work done around the house with things like repairs to the sash windows and become more organised as if our house had just stepped out of a Howards Storage World catalogue.
- Of course Christmas is almost upon us and I’m trying to finish up my shopping, wrapping, baking then heading out to see the Christmas illuminations and concerts.
5. If you had a theme song what would it be and why?
What doesn’t kill you (Stronger) by Kelly Clarkson.
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone
What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn’t mean I’m over cause you’re gone
During my 30’s I had a really rough 8 years. My marriage broke up, Ansett collapsed – I lost the job I had always wanted, I had to sell my house, meanwhile I was studying at university for a degree in Marketing and Tourism plus working to try and pay a mortgage on my newly purchased unit, then my mother passed away from cancer.
Anything that goes wrong now – well it just makes you stronger.
My Nominees for Five in Five
- Annaleis from Teapots and Tractors
Lucy from Bake Play Smile
Seana from Sydney: Kids, Food and Travel
Annie from Go Camping Australia Blog
Bek from Bek Mugridge: A Healthy Happy Life
Just to let you know if you link up before the 14 December 2014 you are in the running to win $500 worth of advertising on the Agent Mystery Case website which will be voted by 3 non bloggy people.