Back when I was at university studying Tourism specifically the unit in Cultural Tourism we learnt that a museum needed:
“tell a storey
make the asset come alive
make the experience participatory
and make it relevant to the tourist.” *
There are some fantastic family friendly museums about and I have found Pinterest pictures of 5 museums that meet this criteria for children.
Here are 5 pictures of Family Friendly Museums on Pinterest
1. Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia USA
2. Museum of Play in Rochester USA
3. Powerhouse Museum Sydney Australia
4. London Transport Museum
5. Children’s Museum – Indianapolis
I know that there are many more museums that are worthy of being included in this list and being pinned onto the Family Friendly Museums Board.
If you have a picture on your blog page or on Pinterest that you would like us to Pin please leave a link in the comments.
* “Cultural Tourism” by B. McKercher and H. du Cros, 2002, The Haworth Hospitality Press Inc.