Don’t just head out the door!
Stop and take some goodies with you. It may seem a lot but you’ll be thankful.
I have a full list of items to pack for a day trip HERE
Tips for packing for a day walking with kids
When you are packing for day trip where you will be out walking with the kids consider these points
- Take the pram if your toddler is likely to tire.
- Choose a bag that is comfortable to carry such as a small backpack (unless you have the pram you can hook it onto).
- Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Layer your clothing for climate changes during the day.
- Pack nappies, wipes, disposable change mats, nappy sacks and spare clothes for all young children.
- Take water, milk, formula, dummies, and snacks your child likes.
- Also take water and food for all older members of the family.
- Remember your child’s favourite comfort toy.
- This is need to help them sleep and when they get anxious.
- If you are in a warm climate take a hat, sunscreen and swimwear for all. Actually take these if your in the snow as well.
- For older children and tweens get them their own special daypack to fill with their own goodies.